Thursday 14 October 2010

Another Brick in the Wall Part 2 - Pink Floyd

I think it’s going to be a very interesting day today as I will be speaking at a Head Teachers’ Conference in Devon. Interesting in the way that I will be talking to them about what inspires and motivates them in their roles as inspirational motivators. I will be using my own story of being unfit and then really fit and I will hopefully communicate with them about how they can change or maintain their own lives in the very tough world of education... it's so grown up eh?
Me teaching teachers! I never thought I would be doing that...
My own experience of Head Teachers (or Masters back in the 70’s and 80’s) was with the typical frightening autocrat courtesy of Messer’s Rudge and Pratt and I was duly scared of them… I am not sure if either of them would appreciate my after-dinner patter… I mean, did we have motivational speakers in 1980? Did we need motivating? They just did what they thought fit... and I did what I was told. Life was so simple them.
I hope times have changed and my audience are far less intimidating… more later…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.